Top » Accommodations
|Address||203-1 Shirakata, Tokai-mura, Naka-gun, Ibaraki Map (PDF)
Tel：029-284-4947 / Fax：029-284-4948
|Room facilities||Ssingle bed, bathroom, closet, air conditioner, desk and chair, desk lamp, alarm clock, fridge, YUKATA robe, towels, hair dryer, shampoo and conditioner
Wireless LAN available in all rooms (JLAN, UserLAN, GWLAN)
|Shared facilities||Dining room with kitchen, lounge, laundry (men and women separated), lockers, soft drink and snack vending machines, parking lot for cars and bicycles|
|Meals||The kitchen is available for meal preparation|
※We are required by Japanese law to make copies of passports of foreign nationals who do not have an address in Japan. Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.
※The entrance will close at 10:00pm. Please contact the Users Office in advance if you plan to arrive after 10:00pm.
|Reservation||Reservation can be made through the User Support System beginning 45 days prior to your check-in date.|
|Fee||2500JPY/night, single room with shower and bathroom|
|Payments||Cash or credit card (VISA, MASTER, JCB, AMEX), debit card, or bank transfer
※The front desk can become hectic around checkout time, so please pay your fee during your stay.
|Payment location||Tokai dormitory front desk or the Users Office|
|Remarks||Number of rooms 100|
FAQ About the Dormitory
- Q1. Are there other accommodations available should the dormitory be fully booked?
- Yes. Please refer to Other Accommodations.
- Q2. I will be traveling between J-PARC and KEK Tsukuba, and will need dormitory reservations for both.
- Please make several reservations in a row for your stay in the same dormitory.
Cancel and Change
- Q3. When are cancellation fees charged?
- To avoid a cancellation fee, cancellations must be made prior to 12:00am on the day of check-in. In event that you are a no-show, 100% of the first night’s rate will be charged.
- Q4. How may I change my check-in date?
- Please see Change of Reservations.
- Q5. I’ve already checked-in. Can I change my checkout date ahead of schedule online?
- No. In the event that the check-in date was already elapsed, any online reservation changes will not be accepted. Please contact the Users Office if you need to make a change.
- Q6. I already reserved a dorm, but I want to make a change in order to stay some nights in another hotel.
- Please see Change of Reservations (3-2. Request/cancel the “Outside stay” during your period of stay).
- Q7. How may I pay the fee？
Cash, credit card (VISA, Master Card, JCB, American Express, debit card), or bank transfer are accepted.
Please pay at either Tokai dormitory front desk or the Users Office (Users Office at KEK Tsukuba also accepts payments).
- Q8. I’m a KEK user. I would like to offset the accommodation fee with the travel expense.
- Please see Application for KEK Travel Expense(3 Offset the accommodation fee with the travel expense) for details.
The Users Office will confirm the availability of any rooms, and make reservations for you.